Friday, November 19, 2010

MY WRITING EXPERIENCE 2

Dear Writing Experience,

    I am writing to you to let you know how I have improved on my writing skills and the obstacles I had to overcome during this year. To be honest, I had my ups and downs but I have managed to identify the problems, tackle them and finally clear them up, although there are still things to work on.

    This year I experienced a writing process I had never been exposed to before. My piece of writing started as a simple brainstorming session by jotting down ideas before setting to write. After that, I focused on the text organization and I thought about who the audience of my writing would be. According to this, I chose the suitable vocabulary and register I would be using. This was just how the piece was born.

    To start with the second step, I developed my ideas in paragraphs, including the vocabulary learnt throughout the year and in previous years. The following steps were peer feedback and tutor feedback before submitting the last version  to my teacher. I think I have made my best efforts in order to achieve my goals as regards writing.

    There was sometimes a feeling of frustration in me. After getting some good pieces of advice from the teacher, whenever a difficulty arose, I was able to deal with it successfully. My foremost objective during this year was to be able to spot mistakes since I consider this a tall task for me.

    I am sorry to tell you this, but you have definitely changed for the better from the beginning of this year.
       
                    Sincerely,
                            Bárbara.

6 comments:

  1. "you have definitely changed for the better from the beginning of this year."
    You are dead right! From now on, writing will be completely different for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your reflections! nice writing piece!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! If I were you, I would also include the experience of writing's response... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the idea of writing to your writing experience! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Barbie,
    V creative piece! And you are right - great improvement! Keep developing "your third eye" :-) You ARE a good writer!
    Analía

    ReplyDelete