Friday, November 19, 2010

A true tale of Argentine life

An unexpected guest

Have you ever  experienced  being in front of a U.F.O.? There are many people who claim to have actually seen these flying creatures but there is no need to talk about others. I have experienced it myself and to be honest, it was a before and after in my life. 

When I was about 8 years old, I used to live with my parents in Avellaneda but on a Sunday night, a day I will never forget, I stayed at my uncle Poroto’s house. The house was immense for such a young boy. I can still picture that gigantic backyard full of leaves rustling in the middle of the night. I was very concentrated watching “Los supercampeones”, my favourite daily cartoon when, out of the blue,  I noticed an intense and blinding light in the garden out of the corner of my eye. It was a harsh light coming from the sky.

I started to shake like a leaf and my heart was throbbing frantically. I could not believe my eyes. I had never been so shocked in my whole life. Who would believe what I was seeing? I was too little but I could tell that it was  a UFO. I had dreamt all my life about UFOs. I tiptoed out of the living room into the garden to make sure I was not dreaming. I stood stiff in front of the light which dazzled me.

After some minutes trying to make out what was in the middle of that glowing light, I suddenly heard a piercing sound and this strange object rose into the sky again. I could only see a dark shadow surrounded by the light. I looked up trying to find an explanation for what had just happened, but … was there any? I’m 45 and I still can’t find it! I shuffled into the house and sat staring at the wall. I felt sheer frustration since I could not gather any evidence of what I had just undergone.  

This unexpected guest was an eye-opener in my life. Believe it or not, from then on, I started to look at things in a different way. I believe in extraterrestrial and intelligent life on other planets and paranormal forces.  You may think I am a loony but wait until a true story like this one happens to you!  



3 comments:

  1. very nice pic! It reminds me of Monsters INC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Barbie,
    I also believe we are not the only "creatures" in the universe!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tale! Still can't see what's the Argentine component, though...
    Analía

    ReplyDelete